It seems in recent years, HK women have become increasingly likely to be conned online and made to hand over significant sums of money. We were recently interviewed by SCMP to discuss this trend in a news feature that was published in today’s South China Morning Post newspaper.
Our advices are:-
- Don’t look for a A-quality perfect or Prince Charming man only as a true relationship is two imperfect people. Learn to accept imperfect man as a partner.
- If you are a love addict, you might fall in love very easily and too quickly. You can’t stop fantasizing, and can’t help yourself. When you are lonely and looking for companionship, you will settle for less than you want or deserve. Please don’t meet any strangers on-line (especially those you met online who will fall in love with you quickly) as they will take advantage of your loneliness by luring you into a trap. Instead, please consult the professional for counselling services.
- The scammers prefer to use messenger, email or whatsapp instead of Video chat or Phone call. Women tends to await a man to call or text back and take her out to dinner or for date. If women are looking for a good man with future potential, ask him to call you and not let him hide behind texts.
- Never send any money to someone you know thru social network
- If you’re suspicious, do Google search to see whether they are real person.
- It is better to use the reliable services that will provide screen, interview and verification of the clients.